Out of Stock
Mazuri Tortoise Diet 5M21 (560g)
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 5M21
- Availability: In Stock
- $19.44Out of Stock
(Inclusive of GST)
(Prices are before GST)
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is a high-fiber tortoise food for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This tortoise food offers complete nutrition in pellet form and is suitable as a reptile food for other herbivorous reptiles as well.
Best Fed To: Mazuri® Tortoise food is best for tortoises and terrestrial turtles, especially forest and tropical species such as red-footed, yellow-footed, and star tortoises, box turtles and wood turtles.
- High fiber level.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
- Extruded pellet form - Minimizes wastage and creates a more natural feeding environment.
- Complete nutrition - No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed.
- Natural source antioxidants – No ethoxyquin.
Product Form: Extruded pellet: 1/2" x 3/4" length.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- Feed approximately 2-4% of body weight.
- It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water, though it may help acclimate animals to the diet.
- Feed consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, activity and lifestage.
- Provide good quality grass hay or browse.
- If desired, feed fresh fruits and vegetables.
- At most 5% fruit and 20% vegetables by weight of total diet.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity levels are also critical for
health and proper growth of herbivorous reptiles.*
*Relevant research information:
Wiesner, C.S. and C. Iben, 2003. Influence of environmental humidity and dietary protein on pyramidal growth of carapaces in African spurred tortoises (Geochelone sulcate). JAPAN. 87:66-74.
Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat germ, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alphatocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, cholecalciferol, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, riboflavin, preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, citric acid, l-lysine, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.