Pre-Order (Deliver within 2-3 months)
Mazuri Tortoise LS Diet 5E5L (25lb)
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 5E5L
- Availability: In Stock
- $162.00Pre-Order (Deliver within 2-3 months)
(Inclusive of GST)
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is a low-starch, high-fiber tortoise food for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This tortoise food offers complete nutrition in pellet form and contains yucca to help reduce ammonia odors.
- Complete nutrition - No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed.
- High fiber level and Low Starch - Grass hay based diet.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
- Natural source antioxidants – No ethoxyquin.
- Extruded pellet form - Minimizes wastage and creates a more natural feeding environment.
- Contains live probiotics cultures - May enhance development of GI tract.
- Contains yucca shidigera extract - Shown to reduce aerosol ammonia in animal facilities.*
*Relevant research information: Headon, D.R. and K.A. Dawson, 1990. Yucca extract controls atmospheric ammonia levels. Feedstuffs. 62:15-16.
Product Form: Extruded pellet: 1/4" x 1/2" length.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Vitamin E not less than
- Feed tortoises approximately 1-4% of body weight per day. This diet should be provided to tortoises at 80% or more of their daily intake.
< >Feed consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, level of activity and animal lifestage.
It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water. However, soaking the product may help to acclimate tortoises to the diet.
- Feed with good quality grass hay. If desired, feed fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Use at most 5% fruit and 20% vegetables by weight of total diet.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity levels are also critical for health and proper growth of herbivorous.*
*Relevant research information: Wiesner, C.S. and C. Iben, 2003. Influence of environmental humidity and dietary protein on pyramidal growth of carapaces in African spurred tortoises (Geochelone sulcate). JAPAN. 87:66-74.
IMPORTANT: A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices followed. Always provide reptiles with adequate natural light or a light source which supplies sufficient UV radiation between the wavelengths of 280 and 315 nm.
For best results store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground timothy hay, ground soybean hulls, dried beet pulp, oat hulls, wheat middlings, ground oats, dehulled soybean meal, cane molasses, dried apple pomace, wheat germ, flaxseed, ground aspen, carrageenan, ground brown rice, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, artificial flavor, calcium carbonate, brewers dried yeast, salt, l-lysine, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, biotin, dried yucca shidigera extract, cholecalciferol, beta carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, sucrose, fructose, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, nicotinic acid, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, copper sulfate, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, torula dried yeast, natural mixed tocopherols (a preservative), citric acid, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, rosemary extract, zinc oxide, lecithin, ferrous carbonate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.