Mazuri Aquatic Turtle Diet 5M87 (0.75 lb)
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 5M87
- Availability: In Stock
Mazuri Aquatic Turtle Diet is a complete turtle food for freshwater turtles, such as painted and red-eared turtles, at all stages of life. This floating pellet turtle food is designed to be tossed into the water to encourage animals to come to the surface for feeding. With high levels of fish and animal protein, this turtle diet meets the needs of carnivorous species.
- Complete life cycle diet.
- Nutritionally complete - No vitamin or mineral supplements required.
- Floating diet - For natural feeding behavior.
- High level of fish and animal protein - Meets the needs of carnivorous species.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
Product Form: Extruded size: 5/32" round particles.
Product Size: 12 oz. resealable poly sack
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Sodium not more than
Vitamin E not less than
- Mazuri® Aquatic Turtle Diet should be fed to juvenile or adult carnivorous turtles one time per day, three to five times per week. The diet should be scattered on the water, where it will float.
- For best results, feed only the amount of diet the turtles will readily consume in a 24 hour period. Turtles will usually eat floating diet for 15 to 20 minutes, and then bask for a period of time, returning later in the day to consume remaining diet that has sunk to the bottom.
- If daily feeding is desired, be attentive to ensure appropriate growth rates are maintained.
- Do not overfeed as excess feed will decompose resulting in poor water quality.
- The actual amount of diet the turtles will eat varies with temperature.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Polybags are packaged under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend fershness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Menhaden fish meal, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, menhaden fish oil, porcine meat meal, salt, brewers dried yeast, magnesium oxide, choline chloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin e), niacin, l-ascorbyl-2- polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), zinc oxide, manganous oxide, calcium carbonate, ferrous carbonate, calcium pantothenate, mixed tocopherols (natural preservative), riboflavin, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), dl-methionine, folic acid, zinc sulfate, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodate, biotin, cobalt carbonate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).